Saturday, May 1, 2010

Transformed

At this point in my life
I'm waiting on God to send me my wife
My good thing, my queen
The lady of whom I often dream

For many years I've dated time and time again
Playing the games most men play, falling deeper into sin
But now, I've grown and I've learned 
After studying women for so long, finally a degree of knowledge I've earned 

And so, I can now honestly say
That the games, I no longer wish to play
For I am now mature
Meaning that, I no longer wish to endure
All the childish things I used to

A few years ago, that was all fine and good
I didn't mind robbing the hood
taking hearts and breaking them
sweet talking my way into minds then raping them
without feeling the slightest little bit of guilt

Just like a bee, I buzzed my way to the center of one beautiful flower 
to the next
then once I smelled it's sweet nectar 
I'd mark it with the abbreviation ex 
and move on mesmerizing others with my hex

Then one night, I fell asleep
and I had a dream
That all the things I was doing to others
Was happening to me
And I woke up crying

Tears of hurt, guilt, and shame
began rolling down my eyes as I called out his name
Jesus!! Jesus please!! 
If you hear me
Deliver me
Forgive me
Restore me
Heal me and reveal me
To the real me
The me that you created me to be
The respectful me
The courageous me
The fun, loving, caring, brave, strong, and silly  me
The me that knows how to accept love and give love back. 



Romans 12:2 "Do not conform yourself to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of GOD. What is good and what is pleasing to Him and is perfect."




© 2009 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

2 comments:

  1. Percy this is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my pleasure my sista. I am merely a messenger trying to inspire others through my words. Thank you for taking the time out to read my works. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete