Saturday, May 15, 2010

Love Child

Every time I look into her young eyes I can see the many nights that she's cried from all the things she's gone through
Only 12 years old and already she's written the blues 
Innocent since birth, yet victimized time and time again on Earth 
By the very people who is supposed to love her
But just like a witches evil potions she' s been cursed with the blood of the wicked
Now only God can cleanse her soul and once again make her whole 
I've watched her change colors like the sky
Black from a strike to her to eye
Purple from bruises to her physique 
Red from her stolen innocence 
Blue from the emotion representing most of her days 
For this child I pray
I pray for peace to rest in her mind as she evolve in time 
And I pray for love to cover all the coldness that lye in her heart 
And I pray for healing, healing to give her a brand new start
So that she can see for the first time in her life what is like to be a child
And not a punching bag
And not a sexual play object for a heartless man
Or a piece of garbage thrown into the garbage can 
Or target practice for a size 12 
I pray that God  will remove all the scars to reveal an untampered flesh beneath the layers this love child
And give a brand new smile
One that will radiant with beauty
Poise with laughter 
Cry with happiness 
And glow with love
I pray that her lader will be greater than her past
I pray that she will grow up to be smarter than her wounded weak mind right now
Father if there isn't another thing I ask of you throughout my days
I pray that you will deliver this baby from her inherited evil ways 
And show her that all the colors of her past represents a rainbow 
A promise to her that no matter how many storms may come into her life
She will never be destroyed from the waters that rain down from her eyes
the many nights that she's cried
from all the nightmares of her past life. 



© 2010 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment