Saturday, May 1, 2010

Born Again

Something released inside my body and created a life
Starting in the smallest form, it began to grow 
As it continued to grow, my body started to transform
Major changes occurred as I tried to hold this life inside of me
Sometimes I'd feel it kick for freedom
But my walls of flesh denied it's access to the world
I continued to hold this life in bondage
A prisoner it was to me and my body was the institution confining it of it's rights to freedom 
Sometimes It would tear at me so hard that my stomach would become upset
Other times it would just sit in one spot as if it was thinking
Thinking of a plan to attack me harder
To torture me with more blows and strikes to my inside walls
But no matter how many times it would fight me, I still managed to keep it shackled 
Sometimes tears came to my eyes
Blood ran from my veins
Sweat dripped from my pores 
And pain nearly consumed my entirety 
I got so weak
But I still battled 
I fought and I fought 
Until I started to break
The sinful flesh that I used to cover this life began to crack
Soon this life inside of me reached a point of breakage
It's arrival was so intense that it nearly destroyed me
Finally, I had released this life that I had kept in bondage for so long
When it was free, It looked at me and I noticed that we looked just alike
And I realized that we had a lot in common 
We were both fighters
Strong creatures with power
But unlike me, his power was beyond human
It seems that the battle he and I had
Didn't harm him at all
But it left me damaged
I stirred at him and he looked at me
As if He wanted to say something
But all He could do was scream and cry
Soon after, I died




© 2009 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment