Friday, April 6, 2012

Love Stains

How many tears must I cry
And how many days must pass me by
Before I stop questioning the Lord asking Why
Why did you take love away from me

What did I do to deserve this pain
It seems like love had nothing for me to gain
Only a change in my last name
Now my last name is all I have left

For the second time, I cry the same tears
Thinking of all the wonderful memories I consumed over the years
Now because of it all, love has become one of my greatest fears
Because I can't imagine having this feeling again

First time it happened, I thought I wouldn't make it
The spell the devil put on my heart, I thought I would never break it
But I moved on, found love and lost it again, now I can't take it
What else is there left for me to do

After being crowned by my king
And proudly standing by his side, wearing his ring
Here I sit crying, listening to the psalmist sing
As I look into his eyes for the last time

A part of me wants to give up and rest next to him
But I have to be strong for them
Feeling down and barely hanging on by a limb
I pull myself back up and I smile

Even though you are not with me physically
I still give to you all of me
And as long as I live, I will always be
Your good thing

For you found me and made me your wife
Unselfishly, you gave your freedom as a sacrifice
And provided me with the best years of my life
All because you loved me

And even though you are gone
And I sleep each night in our bed alone
I still feel your presence in our home
Because your love is unfading 


© 2012 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment