Friday, April 6, 2012

B.F.F.

Cycles of trials and tribulations causing stress levels and hypertension to rise
Begins to fall with a single glance into your eyes
Your gentle smile calms the room 
The subtle choice of words you use to speak
Along with your soft tone
Moves my spirit and gives me hope
I regain my strength in your embrace
The rapid beating of my heart slows to a steady pace
And like the dry grounds of southern pastures after the rain
I feel restored  
All because of your love
You, yes You
You with your warm heart
Exposed to a world so cold
Always set aside your feelings 
To be someone else's guiding light
Yet sleeps along each night
Praying for someone to mend your broken heart
And piece it back together with love
Such a uniquely special and tender soul
You possess a power beyond what your eyes can see
And your heart can feel
You possess the very heart of God
You love without compromise
You care without judging 
You give your all to help those with nothing
Yet you often hide behind your big framed glasses
Tying to block the reality of the Sun's shine upon your face
Too afraid to let people see the water stains 
From tear drops falling from your eyes 
Every time you listen to God speak life to you
I witness you often blame yourself
For all the unfortunate situations you face
And that's when I step in and return the same embrace
That you give me when I need strength
Because after the vibrant rise of drama in the morning
And the dim, yet powerful set of pain by evening
By the the days end, we are all we have left
So together we meet and become each others moon
A light that watches over us as we lay our heads and sleep
Only to wake up and feel refreshed as we approach a new day
Giving thanks to God for blessing us with a bond
That surpasses any group, team, organization, or marriage 
We are best friends for life! 

© 2012 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment