Sunday, July 11, 2010

Still Fighting

Every single day of my life
I am faced with obstacles
Things that step into my path with a purpose to limit my progression
And although these obstacles sometimes are a bit challenging
Still I proceed with confidence
Knowing that I can overcome all strongholds
And since God made a promise to never put more upon me than I can bare
I stand boldly in the face of my enemies
Ready for the mighty battle that produces a matchless victory

See, I realize that life is not going to be a calm journey
That’s not the way things work
I am convinced to believe that as I become closer and closer to my destiny
God will allow the devil to try and make me stray from my mission
But don’t get it twisted
Just because God will use the enemy doesn’t mean that He is the enemy
See He teaches us through His word to be faithful and to have faith
But often times we forgot that

We act as though God isn’t Lord of all
That’s when we find ourselves purposelessly fighting
Fighting battles that’s not meant for us
Fighting sins that He has already forgiven us for
After having asked for forgiveness so many times
Fighting for freedom not realized that we encage ourselves for we were born free
Fighting the doctors assumptions for our final rest time when God has the final say
Fighting tears that has been cried over and over again for the same things
Fighting insults and ridicules from people
All the while knowing that their words can not harm you
Unless you believe it to be so

Fighting, Fighting, Fighting
Till the body gets weak
Till the mind gets tired
Till the heart becomes loveless
Till the soul becomes wounded
That’s when we fall and we cry out to God
Asking Him for strength
Strength to get up and fight through another day
And we ask for love
Love to restore the pain in our hearts
And we ask for knowledge
Knowledge to feed a week mind
And we ask lastly for forgiveness
Forgiveness to restore our souls for cleansing
And after God blesses us once again with His gifts of Grace
What do we do?

We get up the very next day and we find ourselves still fighting
And in most cases, we are fighting the same battles
We deal with the same obstacles
Only this time, we fight differently
See this time
We fight with the strength of God

This time
We fight with the love of God

This time
We fight with the wisdom of God
The time
We fight with the knowledge of God

And because there is nothing that can defeat the body of Christ
We find ourselves in the midst of a might battle
However, we’re progressing our way through


© 2010 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment