Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Changing Lanes

Every day when I get into my car
I soon find myself on the road again
Traveling to what I’d hope would be the unknown
Yet what I see is so familiar

Sometimes I wish I could just turn left
Travel across a bridge
And take a tour
Around a place that I’ve never seen before

Over and beyond the hills
On the other side of the rainbow
And through the forest
New adventures I seek to explore

I would like to greet my fellow brothers and sisters with a hug
And shake hands with someone I’ve never met
All the while introduction myself to the world
Before dying in regret

I want to write my name in the present
So that people will remember it in history
And share my story with those
Who have yet to arrive

I want to wake up to a world
That’s full of smiles
Happy people who actually appreciates the gift of life
And humbles themselves to Christ

I want to walk down the road
And get blown away by all the love that propels in the air
Capture a little for myself
So that I may share in the essence of its purpose

I want to sing praises to our king
And spread all the joy that it brings
Making the world fire up with the Holy Ghost who is Lord
To try and change the pathway to hell that we’re headed toward

For what may seems hopeless
Is still possible if we only have faith
And remember that God didn’t die for us to live our lives this way

© 2010 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment