Friday, February 8, 2013

Loves Pain


 
After about a minute of fingers rubbing in circles followed by a few blinks, finally my eyes open
The ray of sun that peaks through an unbalanced blind covering a window, tells me it’s a new day – or is it?
I look around and I ponder…..hmmm (so many questions running through my mind)
Where am I and how did I get here?
Who are these people and where are my clothes?
Why can’t I remember and why do I feel funny?
The fretfulness running through my mind has me panic-stricken
Lying in a bed of sin, I slowly begin to move, trying to find my way around this unfamiliar territory
Finally I reach a place of solitude
As I look in the mirror that hangs over the vanity of a blood-stained washroom
Tears relentlessly begin to fall
What have I done?
Is my life really that bad for me to be so defiant?
Maybe I’m better off dead?
With a heavy heart, full of guilt, I begin to reach for my suicidal weapon of choice
When suddenly, I felt throbs at my feet
I looked down, picked up my phone, and I cried out
“Mommy, please help”
“I don’t know where I am, who I’m with, or how did I get here”
“I’m locked in a restroom naked and afraid”
Voices call out to me by another name as poundings create a terrifying noise at the door
I sit in the corner eyes closed with my hands covering my ears, praying asking God to protect me
Suddenly, the noise ceased and the door slowly opened
Trembling with fear, I built up enough courage to open my eyes and face my doom
To my surprise, I saw my savior
Hurt and disappointed by my life decisions, but always to my rescue
I see the one person who loves me unlike any other
My rock, my strength, my joy, my mother

                                                                                                                                                              

Written by: The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment