Friday, August 12, 2011

Life is a gift, the way we live it is a choice!

partial darkness diminished from light
I lay hidden beneath Its covering 
unconscious in a natural periodic state of rest
experiencing a series of images, ideas, and emotions
anticipating the sensation of them coming to pass

mental and emotional suffering I've endured far too long
being married to a partner called sin
imprisoning myself, walking by sight
blinded by my intense eagerness 
for that deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection
and solicitude toward another person called love

purified waters, I contaminated before marriage
created a chain of partners
eventually yielding relentless years
of free falling tears
dripping from my eyes in disgust
of my reality show 

if only I could rewind time
I'd make better decisions 
rather than rationalize 
justifying the reasons why
I rebelled moreover and again 
from divorcing sin

unfortunately, life isn't operated by a remote
which means it is at continuous play
until the day comes when it stop broadcasting
then and only then will our stories end
so until that day comes 
we must open our eyes, step back into the light
and face the heat of being disobedient 
serving the opposer 

Choose Ye This Day, Whom Ye Will Serve...
Joshua 24:15


© 2011 All rights reserved to The MeSSenger

No comments:

Post a Comment